-
KDE 3.3 on Knoppix 3.4
I was wanting to try the new Theme manager for KDE 3.3 so I installed it on Knoppix 3.4 HD install. Here is a brief explanation of how I did it:
1. Leave deb sources in /etc/apt/sources.list as the default and add:
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
2. restart in text mode, linux 2
3. login as root and apt-get update
4. apt-get install kde -t unstable
5. You will get an error of broken pipe with kontact-plugins type
dpkg --force-overwrite -i /var/cache/apt/archives/kontact-plugins_4%3a3.2.3-2_i386.deb
(type this all on one line and modify the version of kontact-plugins to match yours)
6. type apt-get install kde -t unstable again
7. apt-get install kdebase -t unstable
8. apt-get --reinstall kdm -t unstable
Note: at each of the prompts to keep or overwrite my config files I chose the default (n)
I hope this helps.
Larry
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08