-
Senior Member
registered user
Will my wifi card work?
Hi! I have searched for info on this board related to getting my wifi card to work. I am using a Live version of Knoppix 3.6.
Here is the relevant (I think) part of the startup process that I see on my screen.
PCMCIA found starting cardmgr
cardmgr[96]: starting, version is 3.2.5
cardmgr[96]: socket 1: CardBus hotplug device
insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernal/drivers/hotplug/shpchp.o:init_module Operation not permitted
insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters. You can find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernal/drivers/hotplug/shpchp.o: insmod shpchp failed
insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernal/drivers/hotplug/pciehp.o: init_module: Operation not permitted
insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernal/drivers/hotplug/pciehp.o: insmod pciehp failed
I am using an Octopus TwinMos card.
I tried going to the penguin in the toolbar in the left, bottom corner of the screen, clicked on "Network Internet" and "Wavelan configuration" and both times I got the message that there is no recognized card/device. Does this mean that my card will not work with Knoppix? When I start in Windows, the card has a blinking orange light, but no lights come on after Knoppix is loaded.
Thanks for any help you can provide!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Doesn't look like knoppix can even load the operation module needed.
Short answer no. Though it could just be a bad burn too. Try typeing
Knoppix testcd
at boot.
Similar Threads
-
By randruff in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 10:41 PM
-
By boorish in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 03:28 AM
-
By deutschemonte in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By redeagle in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 11:15 PM
-
By Kumagoro in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

Intel Core i7-11700KF 3.60GHz 8 Core SRKNN 16 Thread LGA 1200 USED
$180.00

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99