Doesn't look like knoppix can even load the operation module needed.
Short answer no. Though it could just be a bad burn too. Try typeing
Knoppix testcd
at boot.
Hi! I have searched for info on this board related to getting my wifi card to work. I am using a Live version of Knoppix 3.6.
Here is the relevant (I think) part of the startup process that I see on my screen.
PCMCIA found starting cardmgr
cardmgr[96]: starting, version is 3.2.5
cardmgr[96]: socket 1: CardBus hotplug device
insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernal/drivers/hotplug/shpchp.o:init_module Operation not permitted
insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters. You can find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernal/drivers/hotplug/shpchp.o: insmod shpchp failed
insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernal/drivers/hotplug/pciehp.o: init_module: Operation not permitted
insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernal/drivers/hotplug/pciehp.o: insmod pciehp failed
I am using an Octopus TwinMos card.
I tried going to the penguin in the toolbar in the left, bottom corner of the screen, clicked on "Network Internet" and "Wavelan configuration" and both times I got the message that there is no recognized card/device. Does this mean that my card will not work with Knoppix? When I start in Windows, the card has a blinking orange light, but no lights come on after Knoppix is loaded.
Thanks for any help you can provide!
Doesn't look like knoppix can even load the operation module needed.
Short answer no. Though it could just be a bad burn too. Try typeing
Knoppix testcd
at boot.

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00