Thats the problem, the SETI client is a background program, it just runs silently unless you go download a frontend for it so you can watch its progress. You can find a whole list of them here. the seti program is best run on a command line.
Hoping someone out their is familiar with SETI@Home and other BOINC projects heres my problem, I downloaded the Gunzipped file, extracted it to a thumbdrive and then tried to open it and it just didn't do anything. I mean it did that little disapating window but nothing happened after that. The extracted version has a little blue gear icon if it helps. I'm still pretty new to the linux world so is their something I should be doing from root or does something need to be enabled in order for it to be executable? So far I've just been trying to open it from the GUI (KDE) so that may be a problem or may not. Thanks in advance.
-Jameson
Thats the problem, the SETI client is a background program, it just runs silently unless you go download a frontend for it so you can watch its progress. You can find a whole list of them here. the seti program is best run on a command line.
I don't think its that, programs don't seem to start for me when I click the icon. Try opening up a shell in the seti directory and typing the program name.Originally Posted by Kilroy
Originally Posted by Kilroy
![]()
Missed it, i've really got to read post slower.Originally Posted by Kilroy
![]()
Thanks Kilroy, I ran it in a shell and attached my project. Even though the interface isn't as good as the Windows version at least it doesn't lock up so much and (at all) my credits are showing up.![]()

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Seagate 3.5" Desktop HDD 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 1ER166-510
$39.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99