Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: netcardconfig, networking, ifconfig pump.Problem

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Salamanca, Spain
    Posts
    60

    netcardconfig, networking, ifconfig pump.Problem

    Hi:

    Im using knoppix (hd install) on my laptop. Firstly I installed 3.4 And it works excepting when I install a new kernel, I get the 'VFS: kernel panic ' message and I can't boot this kernel.

    I installed 3.6 and while running from cd, I can connect to internet, everything works fine, but when I install it on my hard disk I can't find the way to connect to internet. I use a network card to do this, getting my IP via dhcp. I have tried using netcardconfig, but it fails (operation failed) It detects my network card and I suppose the other one is my IEEE 1394 port. I try to do it using eth0. It always fails.

    I have tried with /etc/init.d/networking restart but it doesn't work.

    My question is: What are all the elements I can edit to be able to connect with my knoppix 3.6. I have tried editing /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/network/interfaces but nothing.

    Please, need help.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    I believe eth0 will be your firewire port, and eth0 will be your NIC. It is for me

Similar Threads

  1. Networking problem with WEP access point
    By m2bord in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 04:03 AM
  2. Networking problem w/HDD installation...
    By shearroller in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 01:46 PM
  3. pump -i eth0 and netcardconfig not working
    By qman_txun in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 08:22 AM
  4. Yet another networking problem. Help Gurus.
    By unclebulgaria in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2003, 10:52 PM
  5. ifconfig or netcardconfig dhcp syntax
    By sminotti in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 04:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



HP ZBook Firefly 14

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC

$184.99



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11 picture

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11

$89.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY picture

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY

$39.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590 picture

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590

$129.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98