-
netcardconfig, networking, ifconfig pump.Problem
Hi:
Im using knoppix (hd install) on my laptop. Firstly I installed 3.4 And it works excepting when I install a new kernel, I get the 'VFS: kernel panic ' message and I can't boot this kernel.
I installed 3.6 and while running from cd, I can connect to internet, everything works fine, but when I install it on my hard disk I can't find the way to connect to internet. I use a network card to do this, getting my IP via dhcp. I have tried using netcardconfig, but it fails (operation failed) It detects my network card and I suppose the other one is my IEEE 1394 port. I try to do it using eth0. It always fails.
I have tried with /etc/init.d/networking restart but it doesn't work.
My question is: What are all the elements I can edit to be able to connect with my knoppix 3.6. I have tried editing /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/network/interfaces but nothing.
Please, need help.
Thanks in advance
Similar Threads
-
By m2bord in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-01-2005, 04:03 AM
-
By shearroller in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 01:46 PM
-
By qman_txun in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 08:22 AM
-
By unclebulgaria in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 10:52 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-23-2003, 04:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89