Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: enable nfs on lan

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    20

    enable nfs on lan

    Greetings. I am working on rhce exercises, which include installing to machine B via nfs to machine A. My machine A is a laptop dual booting knoppix 3.6 and centos-3 (a rhel3 rebuild) I have been able to get the nfs going under centos, but not under knoppix. I tried searching the forum for nfs but most of the talk seems to be about using nfs to install knoppix, rather than setting up nfs to let other machines install *from* knoppix. All pointers appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    apt-get install nfs-user-server

    or

    you need to have the nfs kernel module and

    apt-get install nfs-kernel-server

    Don't know if the liveCD version includes it though.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    and rhce asks how to get nfs run on a knoppix-system?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by user unknown
    and rhce asks how to get nfs run on a knoppix-system?
    well, just check /etc/init.d/ to see if there is such a thing. Since it would be either there or not there for a liveCD. For a installed KNOPPIX, it is basically a debian that one can just install whatever is appropriate.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    20
    I thought this question died for lack of interest...the notification seems to have taken the long way around the net.

    No, rhce doesn't actually want me to serve nfs from debian. ;) But I figured since the knoppix install is my primary os on this box it'd be nice to know how to do it...the rhel box is a secondary machine, no biggie what's running on it.

    Anyway, I got help on #debian, fixed me right up: nfs-kernel-server start; exportfs is what I needed, having already tweaked the /etc/exports file. I blogged my joy, but didn't think there'd been any activity here; mea culpa.

    I think folks already guessed it's a knoppix hd install. But, word of warning, I've heard the folks at #debian don't consider a knoppix install to be a debian install. Put differently, I was chatting with a guy who said he got flamed on #debian when he asked about his knoppix. ymmv. I chose not to mention knoppix when I posed my questions.

    http://www.oblios-cap.com/blosxom.cgi/2004/10/09#95rhce

Similar Threads

  1. how do I enable ssh on kx 3.8.1
    By cli168 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 08:03 PM
  2. Cannot enable modem
    By riscbroker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 08:25 PM
  3. How to enable a Signature
    By level in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 02:46 PM
  4. how to enable uhci ???
    By copymaster in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 02:43 PM
  5. how to enable DVI?
    By jobah in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module

$30.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco WS-C3850-48P-S 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 10G Uplink Module Options picture

Cisco WS-C3850-48P-S 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 10G Uplink Module Options

$259.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G

$75.00



Cisco ASR 901 Series A901-12C-FT-D Aggregation Services Router 800-40055-01 picture

Cisco ASR 901 Series A901-12C-FT-D Aggregation Services Router 800-40055-01

$122.40