Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: adding PGP suuport

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    adding PGP suuport

    hello,
    I'm not exactly new to Linux, but I've just installed Knoppix. I usually run windows XP, and I'm trying to convert everything to Linux. Right now my main issue is PGP support. I use TheBat! email program and I have pgp8.1 installed and running on XP. How do I get all my keys and PGP info over to Knoppix? and how do you install GnuPGP in Knoppix running from a CD, or is that possible? right now I am using Kmail, although I have Mozilla mail setup also. I might eventually install Xandros and run Crossover, to get TheBat! working, but I kinda like Kmail. I'd rather not run Crossover if I don't have to, the native Linux apps are just fine for me, I'm used to Mailx and VI

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298

    Re: adding PGP suuport

    Quote Originally Posted by pcartwright
    hello,
    I'm not exactly new to Linux, but I've just installed Knoppix. I usually run windows XP, and I'm trying to convert everything to Linux. Right now my main issue is PGP support. I use TheBat! email program and I have pgp8.1 installed and running on XP. How do I get all my keys and PGP info over to Knoppix? and how do you install GnuPGP in Knoppix running from a CD, or is that possible? right now I am using Kmail, although I have Mozilla mail setup also. I might eventually install Xandros and run Crossover, to get TheBat! working, but I kinda like Kmail. I'd rather not run Crossover if I don't have to, the native Linux apps are just fine for me, I'm used to Mailx and VI
    easy. kmail supports pgp even better than any windows program, I think. I think you should wait some time until a knoppix with KDE 3.3 is out, and you'll be happy. It wil automatically decode encrypted messages, and reply with encryption to them. and the same with signed messages. it can also encrypt its attachments, and you won't even notice the difference between non-encrypted and encrypted communication

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2
    so I should wait for a future version of Knoppix with KDE 3.3 ??
    would that be the 3.7 version ?
    another question.
    I'm saving my config to a floppy, yet each time I boot up kmail starts over ( as does Mozilla) just like I had never saved the config. my floppy has configs.tbz and knoppix.sh on it.
    my HD is just 1 partition and it is NTFS.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by pcartwright
    so I should wait for a future version of Knoppix with KDE 3.3 ??
    would that be the 3.7 version ?
    another question.
    I'm saving my config to a floppy, yet each time I boot up kmail starts over ( as does Mozilla) just like I had never saved the config. my floppy has configs.tbz and knoppix.sh on it.
    my HD is just 1 partition and it is NTFS.
    Try typing floppyconfig at boot. For some reason config=scan or /dev/fd0 never worked for me.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by pcartwright
    so I should wait for a future version of Knoppix with KDE 3.3 ??
    would that be the 3.7 version ?
    another question.
    I'm saving my config to a floppy, yet each time I boot up kmail starts over ( as does Mozilla) just like I had never saved the config. my floppy has configs.tbz and knoppix.sh on it.
    my HD is just 1 partition and it is NTFS.
    about knoppix, I think kanotix has currently already KDE 3.3, and the next version of knoppix will have it too (3.7 doesnt).

    about the saved config, you should check in the configcenter if a saved session is started, a new session, or the previous. and you should check if mozilla and kmail are in ~/.kde/autostart![/i]

Similar Threads

  1. Adding to a cd???
    By rrfish72 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 09:25 PM
  2. Adding a new Link to /
    By pinjarra in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 12:13 PM
  3. Adding more ram?
    By Joe999 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 02:47 AM
  4. Adding Fonts
    By mb456 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 02:10 AM
  5. adding my own software in cd
    By kushaljerath in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 06:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99



Cisco C9400-LC-24XS Catalyst 9400 24-Port 10G SFP+ Line Card Module NEW SEALED picture

Cisco C9400-LC-24XS Catalyst 9400 24-Port 10G SFP+ Line Card Module NEW SEALED

$2804.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available

$97.49



Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop picture

Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop

$44.99



Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New picture

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New

$50.00