I guess nobody on here is running an AMD 64 cpu ?
I wanted to upgrade my home PC to an amd 64 processor, I was wondering if knoppix 3.4 or 3.6 will support this cpu and if it will make full use of its 64 bit power ?
I guess nobody on here is running an AMD 64 cpu ?
Curently I think knoppix will run on 64 bit CPUs but can't use all 64 bits.
If you go to the news section, there is a remaster that can.
(I may be wrong, the remaster may be the only one that can run.)
I have run Knoppix 3.6 on as single Opteron 242 and even dual 242s. It ran perfectly fine & without any issues. It will not however run in 64 bit mode unless I were to remaster a new knoppix CD with a 64 compiled kernel & 64 bit compiled libraries.
I hope this helps.
James
Just saw your post. I am running an AMD 64 3000 and it along with 768 MBOriginally Posted by fordfasterr
Kingston 3200 HyperX makes Knoppix fly. I do have a few issues but I can't say they are AMD 64 related. No reason not to go AMD price/performance/compatibilty......Intel is sucking AMD's dust.
Quip Frok
When its out, it will be here firsthttp://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Debootst..._x86-64_LiveCD

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED
$39.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01
$84.99
Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD
$25.00
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10
$70.00
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90