-
Junior Member
registered user
Creating PocketKnoppix (180 MB MiniCD)
Hello Friends,
I am attempting to create a bare essentials version of Knoppix, one small enough to fit on one of those little 180MB CDs.
I have been playing with linux for a few years and can find my way around reasonably well, but I am far from being a linux guru.
I would love to see someone more knowlegable do this instead, but since I have not seen anyone attempt such a radical customization, I will see if I can do it on my own.
Please let me know if you know of such a customization already in existance. It would be much simpler for me to customize someone else's work than to do the whole thing myself.
If I can get it to work, I will be requesting someone to host the file.
I love Knoppix! It is an excellent tool and has helped me to repair systems on two occasions. The reason for the tiny build is mainly so that I can carry knoppix in my pocket and always have linux at hand.
My requirements are a java-enabled web browser (Mozilla), telnet (client) ssh (client), rdesktop, and VNC (client). I would like to have troubleshooting/repair tools as well, such as Ethereal, Etherape, gpart, and the basic linux essentials also, but I would be happy with just my basic requirements (after all, I will usually have a full knoppix CD nearby).
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Nathan Chilton
Similar Threads
-
By fester13 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 01:16 AM
-
By sbkryan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-06-2004, 10:08 PM
-
By Randomi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 11:08 AM
-
By freeballer in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-29-2003, 04:39 AM
-
By hanx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 05:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper NS-ISG-1000 ISG-1000 Integrated Security Gateway Baseline Chassis 4PORT
$129.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99