Very cool
I still with KDE and currently at 170 MB, but without Mozilla. The ISO is available at: http://www.guiadohardware.net/news/2003/01/index.asp#02
I finally finished my PocketKnoppix CD!
Features:
- Based on Knoppix-Lite 1.0
- 207MB
- Mozilla (with the java and flash plugins)
- vncviewer
- rdesktop (for connecting to Citrix and MS Windows terminal servers
- smbclient
- gnome-terminal
- ethereal and etherape
- chntpw (including the floppy disk image file -- in /usr/local)
Games:
- Frozen-Bubble
- Ace-Of-Penguins (card games and puzzles)
- Gnome Chess
I replaced KDE with ICEWM for speed and for its small size. I configured ICEWM to display the same "Knoppix" background that KDE normally does. I also set it to respond to the Windows menu key on newer keyboards.
All of the apps which I personally wanted to have on a CD that fits in my pocket! The full Knoppix CD is awesome, but it is nice to have some useful tools and games in my pocket, in case I do not have a Knoppix CD handy.
![]()
Very cool
I still with KDE and currently at 170 MB, but without Mozilla. The ISO is available at: http://www.guiadohardware.net/news/2003/01/index.asp#02
Please,please,please people!!!
Send me the list of your installed packages to me:
[email protected] .
Please help me!![]()
![]()
Why don't you just download and burn Damn Small Linux?
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
You could take a look at all the remasters available today:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...Customizations
Regards,
AJG
Because i would like to make my own MINI cdOriginally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
OK, good answer! I thought you were interested if its been done by others, however.
Good Luck,
AJG
Thanx!![]()
Hi,
I have found a liste of removeable pakets on http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080/~sunil/knoppix.php
Sunil Thomas Thonikuzhiyil used the following command to remove all pakets:
Is there a current removeliste anywhere? I think it would be a nice idea to administer an always current version anywhere - maybe a wiki!?I copied the above list to a file ( say kicklist) then did
#dpkg -P `cat kicklist`
BTW: Is there no chance to get the Knoppix Base used by Klaus Knopper??? I sure there is one....
Thanks!

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00
1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$32.99