Why not start a SourceForge Project for mini Knoppix CD's
lol.. i will have a bigger HDD on my server soon, say in 2-3 weeks..Originally Posted by Tigren
Why not start a SourceForge Project for mini Knoppix CD's
hmmm... Not a bad idea. I don't have the time to manage one at the moment.
Tech2k, are you listening? (hint, hint)
Why not start a SourceForge Project for mini Knoppix CD's
I'm starting to work on a Model-K (Modular Opensource Distribution Evaluating Live-CD's (based on) Knoppix)
I plan to rip the guts out and have only the kernel, apt, hd-install and knoppix add-ons for console.
Does any one know where to get the .deps for the other knoppix add-ons?
You may be interested in KnopBase which is a console only 50Mb, and contains all the knoppix stuff, and other ones at http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...CustomizationsOriginally Posted by AvidLinuxUser
as for the debs, you can use dpkg-repack to repack them into debs. there were around 50 last time I checked.
Thanks for the info about dpkg-repack.
I downloaded the first version of KnoppixBase 73 megs, but there were problems with some apps. Plus the 12 or so hours downloading was a nightmare.
Once there is a stable Mini work can begin on the Modules.
My pet project is the Education Module.
Nice thing about this is the work here will help Debian Jr and like projects.
You were welcome, i'm on the other side of that pipe and it ain't getting a whole lot betterOriginally Posted by AvidLinuxUser
the second version (0.02 at 53 meg) fixes a numer of issues, but i would love to hear any remarks, critisism or flames about any version. Only a good base can make a good distro![]()
I think its possible to fit a very compact Knoppix in a CD-Card (52 MB), with X, and some simple apps. Some time ago I did a very small distribution intended to use 486 PCs as X terminals, based on Slackware 7.1 called "Pulga Linux".
It has only 40 MB compressed, with X, opera, proftpd and ssh.
It is still available at: http://www.guiadohardware.net/linux/pulga/
Now I'm working in another small distribution, but at this time based on Knoppix![]()
My idea is a compressed image of 180 MB or so With KDE and other desktop utilities and a lot of documentation, filling the rest of CD.
I have done something alread, Knoopix is very very powerfull to develop specialized distributions because of the hardware detection and knx-hdinstall. You can install in 100 machines in a day![]()
ooooops, forgot to login![]()
I started to work this night, 250 (with KDE) and losing wheight![]()
In my case the objective is include only basic desktop funcionality, so im removing the major part of editors, development, math, etc.

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00