Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Creating PocketKnoppix (180 MB MiniCD)

  1. #21
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    13

    Finished PocketKnoppix

    I finally finished my PocketKnoppix CD!

    Features:
    - Based on Knoppix-Lite 1.0
    - 207MB
    - Mozilla (with the java and flash plugins)
    - vncviewer
    - rdesktop (for connecting to Citrix and MS Windows terminal servers
    - smbclient
    - gnome-terminal
    - ethereal and etherape
    - chntpw (including the floppy disk image file -- in /usr/local)

    Games:
    - Frozen-Bubble
    - Ace-Of-Penguins (card games and puzzles)
    - Gnome Chess

    I replaced KDE with ICEWM for speed and for its small size. I configured ICEWM to display the same "Knoppix" background that KDE normally does. I also set it to respond to the Windows menu key on newer keyboards.

    All of the apps which I personally wanted to have on a CD that fits in my pocket! The full Knoppix CD is awesome, but it is nice to have some useful tools and games in my pocket, in case I do not have a Knoppix CD handy.


  2. #22
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    44
    Very cool

    I still with KDE and currently at 170 MB, but without Mozilla. The ISO is available at: http://www.guiadohardware.net/news/2003/01/index.asp#02

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    9
    Please,please,please people!!!
    Send me the list of your installed packages to me:
    [email protected] .
    Please help me!

  4. #24
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Why don't you just download and burn Damn Small Linux?

    http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

    You could take a look at all the remasters available today:

    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...Customizations

    Regards,
    AJG

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    Why don't you just download and burn Damn Small Linux?

    http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

    You could take a look at all the remasters available today:

    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...Customizations

    Regards,
    AJG
    Because i would like to make my own MINI cd

  6. #26
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    OK, good answer! I thought you were interested if its been done by others, however.

    Good Luck,
    AJG

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    9
    Thanx!

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2

    Removelist

    Hi,

    I have found a liste of removeable pakets on http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080/~sunil/knoppix.php

    Sunil Thomas Thonikuzhiyil used the following command to remove all pakets:
    I copied the above list to a file ( say kicklist) then did
    #dpkg -P `cat kicklist`
    Is there a current removeliste anywhere? I think it would be a nice idea to administer an always current version anywhere - maybe a wiki!?

    BTW: Is there no chance to get the Knoppix Base used by Klaus Knopper??? I sure there is one....

    Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Creating a script
    By fester13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 01:16 AM
  2. Creating cloop.o
    By sbkryan in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 10:08 PM
  3. What to do after creating a partition
    By Randomi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 11:08 AM
  4. Linux Magazine miniCD 1.0 <-- where do I get it!?
    By freeballer in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2003, 04:39 AM
  5. berlios minicd remastering howto???
    By hanx in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2003, 05:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HYNIX  HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN   3200AA    16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory picture

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory

$105.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Micron 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T-SA1-11 / 1Rx8 SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM picture

Micron 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T-SA1-11 / 1Rx8 SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM

$28.00



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95