Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Enable WEP on Orinoco Gold

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7

    finally.... it is working

    Placing ':' between the hex digits also did not help.
    Finally I got it working by first disabling WEP under Windows, then booting Knoppix, configure the wireless network card (KNOPPIX/Network-Internet/Network card configuration). Then enable WEP again on the access point, and run Network card configuration to set the WEP key. I cannot explain why it is working, and was not before.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7

    Re: finally.... it is working

    Quote Originally Posted by tslewe
    Placing ':' between the hex digits also did not help.
    Finally I got it working by first disabling WEP under Windows, then booting Knoppix, configure the wireless network card (KNOPPIX/Network-Internet/Network card configuration). Then enable WEP again on the access point, and run Network card configuration to set the WEP key. I cannot explain why it is working, and was not before.
    I agree, that is very odd.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7
    Knoppix version 3.2 (V3.2-2003-03-30) works much better! I don't have to disable WEP before I can connect to the access point. I only need to configure the network card.

    However, the next problem is that when I save the configuration, I get lots of error messages when starting up, and the network card does not work and I have to configure it (again) manually.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Lucent Orinoco gold card problems
    By Jberryman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2005, 12:48 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2004, 09:19 PM
  3. Configuring Orinoco Gold PCMCIA card
    By al_mckin in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 12:42 AM
  4. wireless Ad-hoc, 2 IBM Thinkpads, Orinoco Gold
    By fluppel in forum Networking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 06:43 PM
  5. Orinoco Gold B/G card and knoppix
    By xenoxaos in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS picture

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS

$49.99



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance

$20.25



OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe picture

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe

$284.99



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50