Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Need Help ASAP!!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6

    Need Help ASAP!!!

    Ok I was just wondering around on my Knoppix 3.4 machine programming a game (MUD) when I noticed my desktop icons disapear right infron of me. I watched them just go away...

    Now the problem Im having is I cant right click the desktop anymore, none of the icons are there (but they are still in my /home/desktop folder...) And I cant change the back ground of the desktop.

    Not only that, my Knosole is messed up... it doesnt refesh on a new line.. everything starts overlapping itself over and over till it turns completely white...

    Anyone know whats up? And I need help fast!!! Plz someone help!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    Hmm quite weird... I changed some settings like the theme Im using and the desktop, resolution, and refresh rate, then restarted again and it fixed it. Man.. I thought I was going to have to reinstall... I cant afford to loose what Im working on lol.

    Thanks to whom ever actually took the time to read this

    Later.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Need Help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by wiccaan
    Ok I was just wondering around on my Knoppix 3.4 machine programming a game (MUD) when I noticed my desktop icons disapear right infron of me. I watched them just go away...

    Now the problem Im having is I cant right click the desktop anymore, none of the icons are there (but they are still in my /home/desktop folder...) And I cant change the back ground of the desktop.

    Not only that, my Knosole is messed up... it doesnt refesh on a new line.. everything starts overlapping itself over and over till it turns completely white...

    Anyone know whats up? And I need help fast!!! Plz someone help!
    I have had this happen also, not sure why it does it but usually if you restart x (log out 'end session only') it is OK.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    Yea my new thing on my knoppix machine is the KDE will start failing if I have the computer on for a long time. No programs will load and I cant do anything. But its all fixed just by ending the session and logging back in.

Similar Threads

  1. Need help ASAP!!!
    By Zeus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 06:51 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 02:05 AM
  3. Need Immediate assistance with recovering data???ASAP plz!!!
    By Detonator in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 02:44 PM
  4. Christmas Gift...help ASAP
    By CrazyJerry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 06:26 AM
  5. Don't have acces to remove files! plz help asap.
    By Godfather in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$13.99



NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch picture

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch

$499.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server picture

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server

$100.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD picture

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD

$169.99



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99