Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Need Help ASAP!!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6

    Need Help ASAP!!!

    Ok I was just wondering around on my Knoppix 3.4 machine programming a game (MUD) when I noticed my desktop icons disapear right infron of me. I watched them just go away...

    Now the problem Im having is I cant right click the desktop anymore, none of the icons are there (but they are still in my /home/desktop folder...) And I cant change the back ground of the desktop.

    Not only that, my Knosole is messed up... it doesnt refesh on a new line.. everything starts overlapping itself over and over till it turns completely white...

    Anyone know whats up? And I need help fast!!! Plz someone help!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    Hmm quite weird... I changed some settings like the theme Im using and the desktop, resolution, and refresh rate, then restarted again and it fixed it. Man.. I thought I was going to have to reinstall... I cant afford to loose what Im working on lol.

    Thanks to whom ever actually took the time to read this

    Later.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Need Help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by wiccaan
    Ok I was just wondering around on my Knoppix 3.4 machine programming a game (MUD) when I noticed my desktop icons disapear right infron of me. I watched them just go away...

    Now the problem Im having is I cant right click the desktop anymore, none of the icons are there (but they are still in my /home/desktop folder...) And I cant change the back ground of the desktop.

    Not only that, my Knosole is messed up... it doesnt refesh on a new line.. everything starts overlapping itself over and over till it turns completely white...

    Anyone know whats up? And I need help fast!!! Plz someone help!
    I have had this happen also, not sure why it does it but usually if you restart x (log out 'end session only') it is OK.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    Yea my new thing on my knoppix machine is the KDE will start failing if I have the computer on for a long time. No programs will load and I cant do anything. But its all fixed just by ending the session and logging back in.

Similar Threads

  1. Need help ASAP!!!
    By Zeus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 06:51 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 02:05 AM
  3. Need Immediate assistance with recovering data???ASAP plz!!!
    By Detonator in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 02:44 PM
  4. Christmas Gift...help ASAP
    By CrazyJerry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 06:26 AM
  5. Don't have acces to remove files! plz help asap.
    By Godfather in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$119.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE picture

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE

$59.99



New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP picture

New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP

$560.15



Juniper EX2300-C-12T 12-Port 1Gbe RJ45  2x 10G SFP+ Fanless Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12T 12-Port 1Gbe RJ45 2x 10G SFP+ Fanless Switch

$245.00



Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter picture

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter

$59.99



Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch picture

Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch

$151.98



Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP picture

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP

$139.00



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$345.97