Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Need Help ASAP!!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6

    Need Help ASAP!!!

    Ok I was just wondering around on my Knoppix 3.4 machine programming a game (MUD) when I noticed my desktop icons disapear right infron of me. I watched them just go away...

    Now the problem Im having is I cant right click the desktop anymore, none of the icons are there (but they are still in my /home/desktop folder...) And I cant change the back ground of the desktop.

    Not only that, my Knosole is messed up... it doesnt refesh on a new line.. everything starts overlapping itself over and over till it turns completely white...

    Anyone know whats up? And I need help fast!!! Plz someone help!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    Hmm quite weird... I changed some settings like the theme Im using and the desktop, resolution, and refresh rate, then restarted again and it fixed it. Man.. I thought I was going to have to reinstall... I cant afford to loose what Im working on lol.

    Thanks to whom ever actually took the time to read this

    Later.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Need Help ASAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by wiccaan
    Ok I was just wondering around on my Knoppix 3.4 machine programming a game (MUD) when I noticed my desktop icons disapear right infron of me. I watched them just go away...

    Now the problem Im having is I cant right click the desktop anymore, none of the icons are there (but they are still in my /home/desktop folder...) And I cant change the back ground of the desktop.

    Not only that, my Knosole is messed up... it doesnt refesh on a new line.. everything starts overlapping itself over and over till it turns completely white...

    Anyone know whats up? And I need help fast!!! Plz someone help!
    I have had this happen also, not sure why it does it but usually if you restart x (log out 'end session only') it is OK.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    Yea my new thing on my knoppix machine is the KDE will start failing if I have the computer on for a long time. No programs will load and I cant do anything. But its all fixed just by ending the session and logging back in.

Similar Threads

  1. Need help ASAP!!!
    By Zeus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 06:51 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 02:05 AM
  3. Need Immediate assistance with recovering data???ASAP plz!!!
    By Detonator in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 02:44 PM
  4. Christmas Gift...help ASAP
    By CrazyJerry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 06:26 AM
  5. Don't have acces to remove files! plz help asap.
    By Godfather in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511

$28.99



OEM TVKGH 88Wh Laptop Battery For Dell Latitude 9510 2-in-1 Latitude 9510 9520 picture

OEM TVKGH 88Wh Laptop Battery For Dell Latitude 9510 2-in-1 Latitude 9510 9520

$29.43



New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W picture

New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W

$49.95



OEM Genuine 63WH RJ40G Battery For Dell Latitude 5420 5520 Precision 3560 M033W picture

OEM Genuine 63WH RJ40G Battery For Dell Latitude 5420 5520 Precision 3560 M033W

$31.69



OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17 picture

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17

$45.49



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541

$35.78



Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade picture

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade

$39.99



Genuine OEM 6MT4T 62WH Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y picture

Genuine OEM 6MT4T 62WH Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y

$17.88



OEM Genuine 62WH 6MT4T Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y picture

OEM Genuine 62WH 6MT4T Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y

$36.66



NEW OEM V6W33 Battery WV3K8 Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3320 3330 3515 picture

NEW OEM V6W33 Battery WV3K8 Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3320 3330 3515

$47.95