Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix on Toshiba sa10

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix on Toshiba sa10

    I finally got Knoppix on my laptop but it doesn't pick up on my modem! I've tried to google for a Linux driver for my modem but have come up with nothing... What do I do? Where do I go?
    I would reeeally appreciate some help

    >michelle

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tempe AZ
    Posts
    31

    Re: Knoppix on Toshiba sa10

    Quote Originally Posted by chellbell
    I finally got Knoppix on my laptop but it doesn't pick up on my modem! I've tried to google for a Linux driver for my modem but have come up with nothing... What do I do? Where do I go?
    I would reeeally appreciate some help

    >michelle
    I don't know anything about the hardware on your computer but I'll take a shot at helping.

    First, do you know if your modem is what's called a "Winmodem?" This is a type of modem which is implemented largely in software. The problem is that Winmodem manufacturers only write drivers for their products for Windows. Drivers for some Winmodems have been written for Linux, but you'll have to find out whether your modem is a Winmodem and, if it is, find a driver for it, if one exists, then, if one does, install and configure it.

    Try: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqHardware

    Or maybe here: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixOnLapTop

    And good luck. If not don't give up. Maybe someone who knows more than I do will help you.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.6 Installed on Toshiba A3!
    By bongski55 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 04:26 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 06:32 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 03:26 PM
  4. knoppix on toshiba
    By kmo170 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-23-2003, 10:32 PM
  5. Can't use Knoppix 3.2 on Toshiba Portege 4010
    By hannskis in forum Laptops
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 07:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



*Lot of 20* Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Modules picture

*Lot of 20* Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Modules

$89.99



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00



Trenz Electronic SFP to SMA Adapter Board PCB Module picture

Trenz Electronic SFP to SMA Adapter Board PCB Module

$105.00