-
Re: Knoppix on Toshiba sa10

Originally Posted by
chellbell
I finally got Knoppix on my laptop but it doesn't pick up on my modem! I've tried to google for a Linux driver for my modem but have come up with nothing... What do I do? Where do I go?

I would reeeally appreciate some help
>michelle
I don't know anything about the hardware on your computer but I'll take a shot at helping.
First, do you know if your modem is what's called a "Winmodem?" This is a type of modem which is implemented largely in software. The problem is that Winmodem manufacturers only write drivers for their products for Windows. Drivers for some Winmodems have been written for Linux, but you'll have to find out whether your modem is a Winmodem and, if it is, find a driver for it, if one exists, then, if one does, install and configure it.
Try: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqHardware
Or maybe here: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixOnLapTop
And good luck. If not don't give up. Maybe someone who knows more than I do will help you.
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-29-2005, 04:26 PM
-
By dbryanw in forum Laptops
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 06:32 PM
-
By babawillis in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 03:26 PM
-
By kmo170 in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 10:32 PM
-
By hannskis in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93