Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem with mkdosswapfile

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    9

    Problem with mkdosswapfile

    Hi,
    I've a fat32 partition, where are the knoppix permanent home and the knoppix configuration files.
    I need to add a swap file in the same partition, but when I try:

    knoppix@ttyp1[knoppix]$ su
    root@ttyp1[knoppix]# mkdosswapfile

    a Xdialog appear:

    sorry, no DOS partitions available for swapfile

    Please, help...

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: Problem with mkdosswapfile

    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    Hi,
    I've a fat32 partition, where are the knoppix permanent home and the knoppix configuration files.
    I need to add a swap file in the same partition, but when I try:

    knoppix@ttyp1[knoppix]$ su
    root@ttyp1[knoppix]# mkdosswapfile

    a Xdialog appear:

    sorry, no DOS partitions available for swapfile

    Please, help...

    Thanks.
    A Fat16 filesystem is considered DOS.

    There is still a way to amke one, I don't it though.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Problem with mkdosswapfile

    --Please post results of ' fdisk -l ' and ' df ' as root...

    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    Hi,
    I've a fat32 partition, where are the knoppix permanent home and the knoppix configuration files.
    I need to add a swap file in the same partition, but when I try:

    knoppix@ttyp1[knoppix]$ su
    root@ttyp1[knoppix]# mkdosswapfile

    a Xdialog appear:

    sorry, no DOS partitions available for swapfile

    Please, help...

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem Unique to Knoppix Later Versions!(SIS problem!)
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
  2. Wierd Problem With USB Keyboard, Maybe Motherboard Problem
    By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz picture

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz

$87.00



Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested

$29.99



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$159.95



Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A picture

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A

$299.95



SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM picture

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM

$499.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99



DELL PRECISION 7550 15

DELL PRECISION 7550 15" i7-10750H 16GB RAM 512GB SSD QUADRO T1000 WINDOWS 11+AC

$355.00