-
Sound troubles Toshiba satellite 1805-s274
Hello All,
I tried the CD distribution and loved it, so I installed Knoppix 3.4 on HD with lilo. Everything works fine, except for the sound system.
xmms works fine and the system bell works good. My troubles are with wav files. If I start wuadacity it can play wavs, but if I try to record it complains that it it cannot open output device. Although if I do play, it can open it fine!
lsmod |grep snd from my HD installation gives:
snd_seq_oss 35840 0
snd_seq_midi_event 10624 1 snd_seq_oss
snd_seq 54128 4 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_pcm_oss 51716 0
snd_mixer_oss 19072 1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_intel8x0 33512 0
snd_ac97_codec 59268 1 snd_intel8x0
snd_pcm 86144 2 snd_pcm_oss,snd_intel8x0
snd_timer 25344 2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc 13060 2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
gameport 8192 1 snd_intel8x0
snd_mpu401_uart 10496 1 snd_intel8x0
snd_rawmidi 23552 1 snd_mpu401_uart
snd_seq_device 10756 3 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_rawmidi
snd 49540 12 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event,snd_seq,snd_pcm_oss ,snd_mixer_oss,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm ,snd_timer,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_dev ice
soundcore 12000 3 snd,i810_audio
If I boot from CD with alsa, I get a working system with this lsmod output:
gameport 8192 1 snd_intel8x0
snd 49540 17 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event,snd_seq,snd_pcm_oss ,snd_mixer_oss,snd_intel8x0,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_ra wmidi,snd_seq_device,snd_intel8x0m,snd_ac97_codec, snd_pcm,snd_timer
snd_ac97_codec 59268 2 snd_intel8x0,snd_intel8x0m
snd_intel8x0 33512 0
snd_intel8x0m 20228 5
snd_mixer_oss 19072 4 snd_pcm_oss
snd_mpu401_uart 10496 1 snd_intel8x0
snd_page_alloc 13060 3 snd_intel8x0,snd_intel8x0m,snd_pcm
snd_pcm 86144 3 snd_pcm_oss,snd_intel8x0,snd_intel8x0m
snd_pcm_oss 51716 0
snd_rawmidi 23552 1 snd_mpu401_uart
snd_seq 54128 4 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_seq_device 10756 3 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_rawmidi
snd_seq_midi_event 10624 1 snd_seq_oss
snd_seq_oss 35840 0
snd_timer 25344 2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
soundcore 12000 4 snd
Any idea how to match the HD devices to the CD boot devices?
Thanks for your help.
Similar Threads
-
By denverc in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 06:00 PM
-
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 02:32 AM
-
By chrisjrn in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:30 AM
-
By moorer2k in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 02:53 PM
-
By nightcrawler in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 09:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP 4 New Open Box
$74.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE
$65.00