Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: No scanner after HDD Install

  1. #1

    No scanner after HDD Install

    I've got a system with a KNX-HDINSTALL (I don't have a newer disc yet with the new HD install command), and like always, I can't get stuff to run like it did when I was using the disc.

    I've searched high and low for the answer to this, but can't find it anywhere. Here's hoping one of you can help!

    Live CD Knoppix would pick up my Canon CanoScan N670U USB scanner right off the bat and I could use it without a problem. Now I've got a hard drive install, I can't get it to pick up my scanner. As far as my HD install is concerned, there is no scanner hooked up to my machine!

    How do I fix this? Also, can anybody lead me to a good HOW-TO that will help me with other "migrating from Live-CD to HDD Install" problems?

    Thanks!
    Dave

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298

    Re: No scanner after HDD Install

    Quote Originally Posted by BaltikaTroika
    I've got a system with a KNX-HDINSTALL (I don't have a newer disc yet with the new HD install command), and like always, I can't get stuff to run like it did when I was using the disc.

    I've searched high and low for the answer to this, but can't find it anywhere. Here's hoping one of you can help!

    Live CD Knoppix would pick up my Canon CanoScan N670U USB scanner right off the bat and I could use it without a problem. Now I've got a hard drive install, I can't get it to pick up my scanner. As far as my HD install is concerned, there is no scanner hooked up to my machine!

    How do I fix this? Also, can anybody lead me to a good HOW-TO that will help me with other "migrating from Live-CD to HDD Install" problems?

    Thanks!
    Dave
    after hd-install, hardware detection is gone. this is because you whoulnt be able to make changes if there whould still be hardware detection (it changes your files every boot). so you should have done the hdinstall while the scanner was hooked on and working. or you should run the hardware detection. or run the cd again, and if the scanner works, copy the relevant config files (from /etc/config I guess) and run your system.

    or run the config program (saneconfig? sanesetup? google...).

Similar Threads

  1. Scanner
    By jjbergdolt in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 01:23 PM
  2. Scanner???
    By wikid009 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:13 PM
  3. usb scanner
    By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 07:02 PM
  4. IBM Scanner
    By Cronos55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 05:37 AM
  5. scanner not working after hdd install
    By mgomes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 08:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used picture

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used

$220.00



ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$75.00



MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen picture

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen

$59.99