-
Knoppix 3.2 won't work in text-mode (ATI 9700+widescreen)
I recently bought a Fujitsu Siemens A1360 laptop, and want to run Knoppix on it. My graphics driver is an ATI 9700 Mobility Pro (128 Mb dedicated), and I have a 1280x800 wide screen.
This is the weird thing: when I boot up with the CD, the screen is absolutely blank. Can't see the penguin, can't see the autodetection, nothing. However, it boots fine, because I can see the boot-screen, and then KDE works perfectly as well. Except, of course, when I switch to one of the terminal modes.
Would getting a new version of Knoppix solve my problem? The version I have is what I used for my old laptop: it dual-boots Debian (from Knoppix) and Windows 2000. My aim is to dual-boot Knoppix and WinXP Home (it shipped with the laptop). However, I don't know very much about Linux, so any advice is welcome.
Thank you in advance for any help!
Similar Threads
-
By Jesse555 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 07:52 AM
-
By rquiggle in forum The Lounge
Replies: 12
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 11:24 AM
-
By xuejm1225 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 05:05 AM
-
By od in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 04:03 PM
-
By jerome187 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-12-2003, 05:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49