Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: download doesn't complete

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18

    download doesn't complete

    I have been trying to download Knoppix v3.6 iso file from the knoppix mirror sites and I haven't been successful using cable AOL broadband
    After sometime it stops. The downloads don't have resume support so I have to start from begining. I don't know whose problem it is

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kampen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    166
    Can't you try a different mirror? Or try bittorrent. Torrent-downloads can be restarted at any time. You need a torrent client tough.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18
    I tried other all mirrors and all of them gave me similar problem. I am not sure whose problem and I am not sure how to identify it.
    I want to use bitorrent but will it make my ISP unhappy as I need to lend
    my allocated bandwidth for others to download

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by mshanmuga
    I tried other all mirrors and all of them gave me similar problem. I am not sure whose problem and I am not sure how to identify it.
    I want to use bitorrent but will it make my ISP unhappy as I need to lend
    my allocated bandwidth for others to download
    Its not required but ti helps.

    Basicly even the amount that you lend while your downloading can help. Even if thats it.

Similar Threads

  1. wont complete boot
    By maxpower57 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 05:48 PM
  2. DHCP help for a complete noob...
    By Deathwalker in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 02:57 PM
  3. Is Grub complete?
    By kepler in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 01:13 PM
  4. Either I'm a complete idiot, or something's not quite right.
    By avantegardegeek in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:35 AM
  5. Install will not complete.
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2004, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS

$65.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



128gb DDR4 Ram Hpyerx HX430C15PB3K8/128 16x8 3000 MHZ CL15 Tested Read DESC picture

128gb DDR4 Ram Hpyerx HX430C15PB3K8/128 16x8 3000 MHZ CL15 Tested Read DESC

$300.00



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$30.00



50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport picture

50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport

$9.99



32GB (2x 16GB) Samsung HP DDR4 3200 Desktop Memory, DIMM, 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA-UA3-11 picture

32GB (2x 16GB) Samsung HP DDR4 3200 Desktop Memory, DIMM, 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA-UA3-11

$149.99



Kingston 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM Non-ECC Unbuffered picture

Kingston 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM Non-ECC Unbuffered

$239.00



16GB DDR3 RAM Kit (4x4GB) 1333MHz UDIMM, PC3-10600, 240-Pin Desktop Memory picture

16GB DDR3 RAM Kit (4x4GB) 1333MHz UDIMM, PC3-10600, 240-Pin Desktop Memory

$72.99