-
Anyone had success with Knoppix and Madwifi?
Hello all,
I use a Proxim b/g card (8470) that requires the MadWifi drivers. This works great on my Red Hat laptop. I noticed when I boot to Knoppix and the kernel starts loading modules I see:
insmod wlan/wlan.o
insmod ath_hal/ath_hal.o
insmod driver/ath_pci.
I know those are modules madwifi requires when compiling. Does this mean Knoppix natively supports the madwifi drivers and has detected my Proxim card? Or will I need to compile them myself every time I want to use them?
Similar Threads
-
By mabhatter in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-08-2005, 10:38 PM
-
By mlap in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 35
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 09:21 AM
-
By kabsi in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 09:52 AM
-
By mabhatter in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 01:54 AM
-
By dvessey in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-03-2003, 08:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99