THis problem usually happen to people who install knoppix from outside kde or using text mode boot.
The only solution I know is to do full reinstall from within kde.
![]()
![]()
![]()
Hey guys and girls,
Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to linux.![]()
I have the following problem. Just installed knoppix 3.6 but system does not boot into runlevel 5. If I log in as root and run kdm from prompt then all is well. Default runlevel in inittab is runlevel 5. Can you please guide me as to where I should look to achieve booting directly into KDE?
Thanks in advance
THis problem usually happen to people who install knoppix from outside kde or using text mode boot.
The only solution I know is to do full reinstall from within kde.
![]()
![]()
![]()
you start kdm from commandline?
I use 'startx' to start x from the commandline, but that needn't mean, it's better than 'kdm'.
In your /etc/rc5.d/, which files do you find?
I got a S99kdm there.Code:ls /etc/rc5.d/ > filelist

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67