THis problem usually happen to people who install knoppix from outside kde or using text mode boot.
The only solution I know is to do full reinstall from within kde.
![]()
![]()
![]()
Hey guys and girls,
Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to linux.![]()
I have the following problem. Just installed knoppix 3.6 but system does not boot into runlevel 5. If I log in as root and run kdm from prompt then all is well. Default runlevel in inittab is runlevel 5. Can you please guide me as to where I should look to achieve booting directly into KDE?
Thanks in advance
THis problem usually happen to people who install knoppix from outside kde or using text mode boot.
The only solution I know is to do full reinstall from within kde.
![]()
![]()
![]()
you start kdm from commandline?
I use 'startx' to start x from the commandline, but that needn't mean, it's better than 'kdm'.
In your /etc/rc5.d/, which files do you find?
I got a S99kdm there.Code:ls /etc/rc5.d/ > filelist

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
IBM Power S922 9009-22A Power9 DDR4 10GbE 6X SFF Barebone Server
$999.95
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$135.00
IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96
IBM QRadar xx29 M4 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6GHz 16-Cores | 64gb | M5120 RAID
$349.99