-
Knoppix Automatic Configuration Utitlity
I was just sparked with an idea, but I'm sure it has been posted several times before (sorry if it has). But what if you could put in a sort-of floppy type thing, or just basically put a configuration file on a partition, that would contain some settings that would need to be changed? Like, say I wanted to configure X for some purpose, but I couldn't because the configuration file is a text file that is usually located on the hard drive. Maybe there would be some configuration file on a floppy or on some other partition (where there'd be a predefined location on where it would be) that Knoppix could read. Then whenever X or something asked for the configuration file, Knoppix would automatically recognize that it was a file that had a non-defualt value and then change it and give it to X? I don't know much about the way Knoppix works, but I figure it could be implemented somehow. Do you think it would work?
Also, you could make Knoppix read the configuration file for any parameters that would need to be set for boot. I know Knoppix has a parameter where you could specify a file where all the other parameters can be set, but you still have to type the location of the file. Knoppix could read that configuration file, find where the other boot file is, then read all its parameters, and then boot.
Its just an idea, and it probably won't get implemented, but once I get the time and rescources to start developing for Knoppix I'll probably figure out some way to implement it.
Similar Threads
-
By hcdunlap in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 03:50 AM
-
By sdat1333 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 08:13 PM
-
By AndersonSS in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 08:53 PM
-
By Nikolay in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 04:34 PM
-
By cascadefx in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2003, 08:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$32.99