-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: V3.2-2003-03-23 (Experimental release)
So far, so good. This is the best release so far, for me. It has solved one MAJOR annoyance on my system: vertical refresh. On my other system (Celeron 466/SiS620/on-board video) I could get 75 Hz refresh @1024x768. On my friend's system (AMD 1800+/SiS735/GeForce 256) , I could get 85 Hz at the same resolution -- but on my system (AMD 1800+/AMD761/GeForce2 MX), I could only get 60 Hz. That's now fixed; I'm getting 85 Hz -- I think it's the new XFree86 version.
The new fonts are really clean. The new pointers and cursors are an improvement, though I have mixed feelings about the drop shadows. OpenOffice.org is fixed. Mozilla is up to 1.3 -- cool!
It looks like the Config file format is changed -- trying to load mine from the last version seems to have confused KDE, but I'm not surprised and only mildly disappointed..
This is the version I'm going to install to HD, and my transition away from Win98 SE will accelerate.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 42
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 06:22 PM
-
Replies: 44
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 08:27 PM
-
By baldyeti in forum News
Replies: 29
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 03:20 AM
-
Replies: 32
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 03:34 AM
-
Replies: 40
Last Post: 09-30-2003, 01:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ
$270.00

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Atari 800 48K 8-bit Computer System With Power Supply & Extras Tested & Working
$354.98

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested
$149.99

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29