-
Senior Member
registered user
V3.2-2003-03-23 (Experimental release)
- KDE 3.1.1 from Debian/unstable
- XFree 4.3
- Language bugfixes for english version
- Autosetup and online-help updates for OpenOffice
- ptrace security fix for kernel 2.4.20
- Blackdown Java-RE 1.4.1 update
These are coming out faster than I can download.
-
Hi,
I am new in the Linux world. So I do not understand what means unstable in first line.
I understand that the KDE 3.1.1 release is not working 100%. Is it correct ?
What about english language problem in OpenOffice and Knoppix it self ? It was solved ?
Thank you,
Alex
-
So does this version finally make it possible to launch using enlightenment as the windowing environment?
- The Fish
-
Where is this realese to download??
Please, where is this release for dowload. Thank.
-
I tried it and.... I like it a lot better then previous pre-releases !!
Saving your configuration went well... just a shame a few minor things (like window resizing) weren't stored.
One problem I have found : smb browsing didn't work for me ...
It said something about kio_smb ... maybe it's gotta do with the kdemultimedia-kio-plugins ??
(I see them in KDE 3.1.1 stable, but maybe they aren't in sid ??)
Thnx for anyone who can explain this to me
-
Alex, about the stable/unstable thing, the Debian distribution (which Knoppix is based on) considers everything that hasn't been tested VERY thoroughly "unstable". The KDE developers think 3.1.1 is stable enough, but it hasn't been out for long, so it could be that major bugs turn up and we'll see 3.1.2 in a few days. Or not.
Knoppix starts in English by default now, this was fixed in the previous 3-21b-release. I'm not sure about OpenOffice, but "Autosetup" sounds very nice 
sfish, I don't think so, it probably would've been in the changelogs.
Eduardo, check the mirrors linked to on the Knoppix homepage. My prejudice is that German mirrors take less time to get updated, but I may very well be wrong.
-
Neje,
Thank you for your explanation. I have another doubt. The topicīs name is V3.1-2003-03-23 (Experimental release). Is it correct ? Is the latest release 3.2 ?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thats just a miss-print or typo, take a look at the mirrors and the files name is V3.2-2003-03-23
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
theARE
Thats just a miss-print or typo, take a look at the mirrors and the files name is V3.2-2003-03-23
Yes i cut and pasted this from the changelog and there was a typo there. It's fixed now. Thanks.
-
I have now downloaded this release myself and OpenOffice is English by default (in the EN version, of course). I really like the new transparent mouse cursor too
.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 42
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 06:22 PM
-
Replies: 44
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 08:27 PM
-
By baldyeti in forum News
Replies: 29
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 03:20 AM
-
Replies: 32
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 03:34 AM
-
Replies: 40
Last Post: 09-30-2003, 01:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00