-
Hang at detecting SCSI-modules
Hi, I have a problem when knoppix is detecting SCSI modules at startup. I dont have any SCSI devices on my computer. I am running knoppix from an atapti cd-writer and when it begins detecting those SCSI modules my computer hangs. I have tried the noscsi option and tried several knoppix versions, but the problem still remains. Also I tried the expert boot option, but the computer hangs usually there before I can disable the scsi option. The computer is a 433 celeron with 128mb ram and it has a creatBXe motherboard.
Any clue why?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try failsafe ...
If you can get in that way, try a combination of the "no..." cheatcodes... Like noscsi noagp noapm nodma nopcmcia noacpi
Just as an example, my usuall boot prompt line, for the kernel 2.6.6, from within Knoppix 3.4, was the following:
boot: linux26 lang=us nopcmcia noagp noacpi nodma noapm
You would probably want pcmcia support if you are on a laptop, and if you just want the "normal" kernel, you would replace the "linux26" with "knoppix", in the above cheatcode line...
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
-
thanx
I tried it out but it still wont work.
Similar Threads
-
By geoffleach in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:02 PM
-
By wicking in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 07:50 PM
-
By gus in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 09:52 AM
-
By tommydl in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 01:15 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 05:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMIGA Commodore A1200
$999.99

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00

NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested
$285.00

AMIGA DB23 RGB Female to VGA Male Buffered Cable 5 ft. - A1000 A2000 A3000 A4000
$38.00

Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000
$599.99

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$64.99

Commodore Amiga 2000 A2000 – Motherboard Repaired by Amiga of Rochester
$1099.99

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00