-
Newbie question about live cd
Ok, I just started using a live version of linux. Can I access my hard drive, and if so, how? Or can I only access it after I've installed it onto the hard drive? I'm sorry, but I couldn't find the answer to this question in the FAQ's or in help files. I've tried using Slax and Suse live. Thank you for your help.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Short answer to your question - Yes, you can access hard drive after you boot using live CD.
Long answer - You will find shortcuts for existing disk partitions on your desktop. For example, if you have 1 IDE hard drive (referred as /dev/hda) and it has 2 partitions on it, you will see 2 shortcuts called /dev/hda1 and /dev/hda2. You can just click on those shortcuts to browse files on those partitions.
-
Senior Member
registered user
if it is a win200 or XP install chanses are 90%that you have NTFS on those disks, those you can only read not write to, atleast not without dificulty and not 100%safely.
Similar Threads
-
By 5734L7H in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-29-2005, 12:29 AM
-
By djgotee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 04:53 PM
-
By Concussion in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 04:24 AM
-
By elicheez in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 06:40 PM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Lot of 39 Used & Tested Cisco SFP-10G-LRM 10G Base SFP Transceivers 10-2456-02
$349.99

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678
$13.99

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED
$39.99