-
Senior Member
registered user
It sounds like you are quite accomplished and competant & know what you are doing so I will give an abbreviated description.
Extracting the knoppix CD and chrooting into the extracted enviornment is quite simple. You will need this .TAR.GZ http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/remas...r_0.1-6.tar.gz which is a set of remastering scripts from Fabian Franz & Klaus Knopper. I have a 40GB /dev/hda that I use for scratch work & format regularly.
I boot off the Knoppix 3.6 CD using cheatcodes knoppix 2 vga=normal.
I partition hda 40GB as follows:
- hda1 swap 1GB
- hda2 ext3 6GB
- hda3 ext 20GB
Code:
mkswap /dev/hda1
swapon /dev/hda1
mke2fs -vj /dev/hda2
mke2fs -vj /dev/hda3
mount -t ext3 /dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2
mkdir /mnt/hda2/remaster
cd /mnt/hda2
wget http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/remas...r_0.1-6.tar.gz
tar zxvf remaster_0.1-6.tar.gz
mv remaster-0.1 scripts
cd scripts
./knoppix-remaster /mnt/hda2/remaster
Then I follow the menus and create a new remaster and hit <ENTER> for the default path. It will extract the contents of the CD. When it is done it will ask if you want to chroot into the extracted enviornment.
Now you are in the chroot and on your own.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By degates in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00