Hello,
I'm running a HD-install of Knoppix 3.6 on a pretty old Laptop (a Siemens 266MHz Machine), and try to get WLAN running with a Corega PCCL-11 (Prism 3.0 chipset) PCMCIA-Card.
I want to connect to the net via my netgear fm314p router, which is running fine (and can be accessed from WinXP via WLAN nicely).
I first tried to use the prism2_cs module, but it didn't work.
I've now configured around a bit (see below), and have a situation, where my wlan sometimes works - I can ping a lot of hosts around the world with good ping-times (but icmp_seq is not continuiosly - there are hops of 10-20).
But I can't really have traffic: web browsing or apt-get install didn't work. And sometimes even the pings don't work.
What is wrong here?
I created an entry in /etc/pcmcia/config like:
my /etc/network/interfaces looks like:Code:card "Corega PCCL-11 WLAN PCMCIA" version "corega","WL PCCL-11","ISL37300P","RevA" minfid 0xc00f, 0x0000 bind "orinoco_cs"
my /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts looks like:Code:auto lo iface lo inet loopback auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static adress 192.168.0.127 netmask 255.255.255.0 network 192.168.0.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255 gateway 192.168.0.1 wireless_essid Bacterioides wireless_mode managed
Code:case "$ADRESS" in *,*,*,00:09:41:1B:E7:90) ESSID="Bacterioides" MODE="Managed" CHANNEL="4" KEY="xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" RATE="11M" esac
When I boot up, dmesg says:
this looks good....and 4 lines later:Code:orinoco 0.15rc2STA (David Gibson <[email protected]>, Pavel Roskin <[email protected]>, et al) orinoco_cs 0.15rc2STA (David Gibson <[email protected]>, Pavel Roskin <[email protected]>, et al) eth0: Hardware identity 801b:0000:0001:0000 eth0: Station identity 001f:0004:0001:0003 eth0: Firmware determined as Intersil 1.3.4 eth0: Ad-hoc demo mode supported eth0: IEEE standard IBSS ad-hoc mode supported eth0: WEP supported, 104-bit key eth0: MAC adress 00:09:41:1B:E7:90 eth0: Station name "Prism I" eth0: ready eth0: index 0x01: Vcc 5.0, irq 0, io 0x100-0x13f
Code:eth0: New link status: Connected (0001) hermes @ IO 0x100: Timeout waiting for command 0x0002 completition eth0: Error -110 disabling MAC port
iwconfig now says:
ifconfig only lists loCode:lo no wireless extensions eth0 IEEE 802.11b ESSID:"Bacterioides" Nickname:"murkel" Mode: Managed Frequency:2.427GHz Access Point: 00:09:5B:2C:67:E6 Bit Rate=11Mb/s Sensitivity:1/3 Retry min limit:8 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off Encryption key:xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xx Security mode:open Power Management:off Link Quality=6/92 Signal level=140/152 Noise level=114/153 Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0 Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
no I try
ifconfig now lists:Code:ifup eth0
Code:eth0 Protokoll:Ethernet Hardware Adresse 00:09:41:1B:E7:90 inet Adresse:192.168.0.127 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Maske:255.255.255.0 UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:1 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:0 errors:4 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 Kollisionen:0 Senderwarteschlangenlänge:1000 RX bytes:185 (185.0 b) TX bytes:396 (396.0 b) Interrupt:0 Basisadresse:0x100
Please help me!
Thanks a lot.
Henning[/quote][/list][/code]

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB)
$180.00
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00