-
Horizontal Sync
I'm using Knoppix 3.4 with a Panasonic S17 monitor which accepts input signals with horizontal frequency 30kHz to 69kHz and vertical frequency 50Hz to 160Hz. Problem is the horizontal sync is off and my screen has several copies of the page to be shown which are at about a 45 degree angle tilted left and which slide across the screen. Knoppix hsync is 78kHz which I assume is the problem. Am I correct and, if so, how can it be fixed? I tried to boot using the option Knoppix vsync=85 hsync=69 but then the program stops responding. I'm using an Athlon cpu at 850MHz. My purpose in using Knoppix is to rescue a data partition on an unbootable Windows machine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
-
RE: Hsync
try the following
knoppix screen=1024x768 vsync=90 hsync=75
on the monitor I was using before it finally died I had to use
knoppix screen=1024x768 vsync=60 hsync=60
knoppix's default is 1280x1024, my monitor only went to 1024x768.
my monitor wouldn't lock onto vsync above 60.
( should have, but wouldn't.....)
any vga monitor should work at 800x600 vsync=60 hsync=60
.... unless the smoke got out of one of the parts.....
Similar Threads
-
By jiohdi in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 07:35 PM
-
By mikejn1 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 04:50 PM
-
By lothario in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By Leeb in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 07:26 AM
-
By Tony in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-28-2002, 11:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$379.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00