-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Cuddles
So, the NVidia is fixed now, but, my Menus are messed up... I tried the "update menus" command, but it didnt change anything, I even tried the KMenu program "Menu Updating Tool" from within the v3.4 menus, it found a few "rougue" programs, but not all of them... I guess I am going to have to manually put them back in now...
I also appear to have gotten services running that I never had before, all from this "mistake" of running the Dist-Upgrade... First of all, I have a "lone" computer, no net card, and no "server" responsibilities, but I have gotten HylaFax running now, a "good" side effect from this situation... But, looking at the boot-up, I am now starting "named", "NIS services", "ypbind", "apmd", and this is a serious boo-boo, "nvtvd"...
Ms. Cuddles
Menus: I think you may have to update manually here. 'Debian menus' is (I think) a standard debian menu setup for KDE, would show up as a 'Debian' item on your start menu.
Services: Just went through a similar but not so severe 'upgrade' mess & also got a lot of added services. Posted for help here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13345
Basic answer is, you don't really need any of them, stock Knoppix HDinstall has only cupsys & one other (I forget what) so just use 'sys V-init Editor' & remove whatever you want to.
Similar Threads
-
By Al Hayes in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 11:57 AM
-
By UltraMega in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 03:34 AM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
-
By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$74.99

A500 512KB RAM Memory Card with (Built-In) Real Time Clock - New by Amiga-Kit
$40.00

Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working
$599.00

Commodore Amiga 2000 Video Toaster Ed Computer,Vampire V4 AGA,Acc. ~USA RESTORED
$2699.99

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$324.99

ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C
$45.00

NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00