Hello everybody,
at first I want to excuse for my not perfect english - I'm from Austria an we have no kanguruhs![]()
And here is my problem:
I want to test out Knoppix, because I can run it from CD without installing on my harddisk.
There are two computers which I want to get working with knoppix 3.6. At first there is my Samsung Notebook X30.
The Knoppix CD is booting and starting up, but I'm missing the wireless support and support for the wide screen - the wireless adapter is a mini PCI Intel Wireless LAN 2100 3B Adapter. By typing "iwconfig" I can see the adapter, but when running "wlcardconfig" and setting the correct values it is still not working. When I control the settings with "iwconfig" the only value that has changed is the WEP key. ESSID is still empty...
For the wide screen I'm searching a possibility to integrate the NVidia GeForce FX Go5200 to use the resolution of 1280x800.
The second machine runs as far very good - but there are two limitations: I cannot get the Asus PCI WL138g working and also I have troubles to install a Canon i850 printer. Are there any possibilities to solve my problems?
As I only want to install on HD when all things are working it is really necessary that all things are working with boot CDs for knoppix.
Is there more support for wireless if I boot Knoppix with kernel 2.6?
Thanks a lot for helping a newbee to Linux and Knoppix.
Greetings,
Andreas from Austria
PS: The only thing I've got working with linux is my FLI4L router - but this is really a simple thing)

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module
$150.00
16Kingston Server Premier 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM KSM26ED8/16ME OPEN BOX
$169.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55