-
PCI ilo PCMCIA NIC - WLAN Dell Latitude
Hi.
I've got a Dell Latitude (with built-in 3Com NIC), a PheeNet WLAN card (uses Realtek 8180l) and use the latest Knoppix (3.6).
I can't get the card to work - don't know if it's a driver missing or if there's anything else wrong.
Here's what I do and what results I get:
lspci|less - Ethernet controller: Realtel Seminconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8180L 802.11b MAC (rev 20) ... looks like it does recognise the WLAN card)
dmesg|less: just the 3Com NC (built-in) ... or maybe it doesn't?
Knoppix Infocenter:
PCMCIA - Card 1: CardBus hotplug device
PCI - lists 3COM NIC and Realtek RTL8180L with comment: "Capabilities: <available only to root>" ... why does it identify the WLAN NIC as PCI card???
Knoppix Network/Internet -> Wavelan configuration shows: "No wireless network card found"
I would appreciate if any answers are explicit enough for me to follow - I am all new to Linux.
Thanks!
Ulrich
Similar Threads
-
By andre104 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-29-2005, 08:03 PM
-
By konik in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:23 AM
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By Reverend in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 07:27 AM
-
By Phredd in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 02:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00