THis problem usually happen to people who install knoppix from outside kde or using text mode boot.
The only solution I know is to do full reinstall from within kde.
![]()
![]()
![]()
Hey guys and girls,
Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to linux.![]()
I have the following problem. Just installed knoppix 3.6 but system does not boot into runlevel 5. If I log in as root and run kdm from prompt then all is well. Default runlevel in inittab is runlevel 5. Can you please guide me as to where I should look to achieve booting directly into KDE?
Thanks in advance
THis problem usually happen to people who install knoppix from outside kde or using text mode boot.
The only solution I know is to do full reinstall from within kde.
![]()
![]()
![]()
you start kdm from commandline?
I use 'startx' to start x from the commandline, but that needn't mean, it's better than 'kdm'.
In your /etc/rc5.d/, which files do you find?
I got a S99kdm there.Code:ls /etc/rc5.d/ > filelist

Vintage Computer Manuals and Disks - Windows 3.1, Epson, Quicken, and more
$101.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
7248 Micro Star Vintage Computerboard Kit For Rebuild Including Accessories
$60.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Apple III / External 5 1/4" Floppy Disk Drive A3M0004 - Untested
$120.00
Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010
$64.95
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72