Quote Originally Posted by j.drake
Actually, many people recommend kanotix for a hd install.
Ah yes... i've spoken to the authorof that one ... but didnt really dare to ask about it since i figured there could be some rivalry or something between the distros
Is kanotix as well-supported as knoppix? or perhaps its very similar to knoppix àfter all?

Quote Originally Posted by j.drake

As for 3.4 and 3.6, I like them better, and they have some new features not found in 3.3. OTOH, both 3.4 and 3.6 have a two-kernel arrangement that could cause some problems. So yes, I think I'd update.


Have you given any thought to a poor man's install ? Since 3.3, a lot of enhancements have been made, including a new process that allows for booting from the windows partition without a floppy or anything else. You can now boot directly from the ISO file.

jd
I've heard about it... i have a friend that told me he was running knoppix from an ISO residing on the very HD, i didnt believe my ears ... i guess thats what you mean ?
Well, its probably a good solution for some people, but i cant really see the need as i dont have anything i need on the windows disk so i might just aswell wipe it. Its a pretty fresh win install so if i want win back, i could reinstall it with my Win98 CD.
Unless very problematic, which it surely wasnt the one time i did it, i'd rather go for HD install.