-
NXserver and how it treats desktops
I am noticing some behavior of NXserver on my Knoppix 3.6 (Poor Man's Install) operation that I don't think is entirely correct. Perhaps there is a solution I've missed but here is what I find odd:
1. You can't connect in using NX client (For windows) and see the local
console desktop. It always 'spawns' what I will call a new KDE session with 4 desktops available for use, but it has nothing to do with what you see on the console desktop. I've tried spec'ing :0 at the end of the private ip address in my client, I've tried leaving the :0 off, it makes no difference.
2. But what I find is really bizarre behavior is:
Let's say you connect into the knoppix 3.6 via the windows client, and you start an application (ping, or XMMS mp3 listen session, doesn't matter)
Then you wish to close your windows client, and a requestor pops up asking if you wish to suspend or terminate. (Terminate will kill everything, but suspend alledgedly allows you to come back to it later)
So you choose suspend, the windows client closes, and the application you
started on the knoppix box continues undisturbed. Everything good so far.
Next you connect back in with the same windows client, and it spawns a new KDE environment (you see that bouncing icon screen you see when KDE first starts up) once it completes, you're looking at a Fresh, virgin desktop, and there is no way to get to your ping or XMMS application. It's runnning in the background on some desktop that you can't get to.
What am I missing here? Is this a bug in the nxserver as it works on Knoppix?
Similar Threads
-
By jgroenke in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 06:03 PM
-
By probono in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 02:06 AM
-
By estranged in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 07:04 PM
-
By efi360 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-17-2003, 07:52 AM
-
By Bd84 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 01:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99