Couple of weeks have gone by, no comments on the above... Can anyone else at least confirm they are seeing the same thing I am?
I am noticing some behavior of NXserver on my Knoppix 3.6 (Poor Man's Install) operation that I don't think is entirely correct. Perhaps there is a solution I've missed but here is what I find odd:
1. You can't connect in using NX client (For windows) and see the local
console desktop. It always 'spawns' what I will call a new KDE session with 4 desktops available for use, but it has nothing to do with what you see on the console desktop. I've tried spec'ing :0 at the end of the private ip address in my client, I've tried leaving the :0 off, it makes no difference.
2. But what I find is really bizarre behavior is:
Let's say you connect into the knoppix 3.6 via the windows client, and you start an application (ping, or XMMS mp3 listen session, doesn't matter)
Then you wish to close your windows client, and a requestor pops up asking if you wish to suspend or terminate. (Terminate will kill everything, but suspend alledgedly allows you to come back to it later)
So you choose suspend, the windows client closes, and the application you
started on the knoppix box continues undisturbed. Everything good so far.
Next you connect back in with the same windows client, and it spawns a new KDE environment (you see that bouncing icon screen you see when KDE first starts up) once it completes, you're looking at a Fresh, virgin desktop, and there is no way to get to your ping or XMMS application. It's runnning in the background on some desktop that you can't get to.
What am I missing here? Is this a bug in the nxserver as it works on Knoppix?
Couple of weeks have gone by, no comments on the above... Can anyone else at least confirm they are seeing the same thing I am?

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00