Bump
(Haven't had the greatest luck in other forums so bare with me, *Slips on flame retardent body suit*)
Does anyone know of a very literal step-by-step guide for confugiring and saving that confuguration for an 802.11b Linksys PCMCIA wifi card? I've found some things that came close but I'm still pretty lost when it comes to most the terminology with anything outside of windows os's so you can see my delima. I haven't had much sucess with dual-booting so Knoppix has been my soluatin thus far, but if I can get this blasted card configured then I can forget the windows partition all togather (Or at least I hope *zips hood*) Thanks!
Bump
If you could just provide the specific model number to your card, the you can tell us what chipset it uses by looking here:-
http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz
and then maybe you will able to get started on this problem.
Also doing a:-
$ lspci -v
and reporting the relevant info on the device may help.
Heres what I've gotten now -
Linksys - 802.11b - WPC11 v. 4 - Chipset is Realtek
sry but im on the way out the door
http://www.linuxvoodoo.com/resources/howtos/linksysv4/
Difficulty: hard
Please do some searches on the success with this card by ndiswrapper. Knoppix can help you install the drivers easily in that case.
Thanks for the replies KelmoI'm going to try and tackle this tonite, provided it works will the "save setting & confuguration" after I get it running, then to keep it running after reboot I can just load the config every bootup? Right now I save most of my stuff on my thumbdrive and use "knoppix config=scan or knoppix config= mnt/sda1 Thanks again, this is the most help ive gotten with this yet.
Jameson,
Because you are running from the cd, ndiswrapper is your only choice that is feasable.
kelmo.

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99