passwd
I did a hd install on knoppix 3.6 last night and after about 3 months of distro ho'ing, I think I have found my hda distro. But...I cannot set up my printer or anything else that requires a root password because it doesnt work. I know what I typed when I set it up...even put the caps lock on in case I did the dumb thing at setup and that didnt work either. Is there a way to redo the password so I can get a printer set up? Everything is good except for that.
thanx
skip
passwd
'sudo passwd' should let you enter a new root passwd provided your user has sudo privileges. If not, edit your /etc/sudoers file...oops, you need to be root to do that.
OK so if this is the case, run Knoppix from your CD, then from a root shell, read/write mount your drive where the HD install is (mount -rw /dev/hdaXX) then edit the /mnt/hdaXX/etc/sudoers file using a text editor as root.
Felt like just a bit of an idiot...was gonna run a cracker on it if I couldn't fix it...LOL
skip

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99