-
knoppix/debian 3.6 and PRISM Wifi - cant get to save config
I have recently installed Knoppix a multitude of times in the past 3 days (10 times to be precise)...
I have installed a dual boot with XP Pro.
3 partitions
1 - Linux swap
2 - Linux
3 - WinXP
i have done the apt-get update and apt-get upgrade so I htink I have the most recent stuff.
The system boots into the Xwindows or KDE whatever But Every time I boot its the same...
I have to run KNOPPIX > Network/Internet > Network card configuration
I run it for eth0 (wireless card)
choose DHCP - that fails giving error
Operation failed.
Failed.
Hit return to exit.
I hit return, then I type in a terminal window
Code:
iwconfig eth0 key xxxxxxxxxxx
iwconfig eth0 essid "Network Name"
pump -i eth0
and it works...
Can I save this somewhere.... I'm a bit of a noob at this...
I'm running on an Advent 7036 laptop:
Code:
CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 2.60 GHz
Memory 512 MB DDR SODIMM (2 x 256MB Modules)
Hard Drive 40 GB Hitachi Travelstar
CD / DVD Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4040N
Video nVidia® GeForce™ FX Go 5300
Sound Card Realtek AC'97 audio
Modem Intel® 537EA
Network Card Realtek 8139 / 180X (Onboard)
Network Card Prism® 3890 802.11g wireless
Many Thanks in advance.... I have screwed up the installation sooooo many times I thought better to ask now 
regards
Ken
Similar Threads
-
By rolelael in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-12-2005, 10:33 AM
-
By chiph in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
-
By linksta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
-
By threedzion in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:39 PM
-
By cld in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 07:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00