-
Senior Member
registered user
How do I make a HP scanjet 2300c scanner work.
I can see the scanner along with the printer coming from hub #2 but I don't know how to make it work. I've been trying to find info about this through this forum but nothing that helps much.
How do I get a desktop icon to start the program that runs the scanner?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi, I checked the sane (scanner access now easy) site and unfortunately your scanner is not supported by sane. See link
http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/...=2300c&bus=usb
There may be another method of getting your scanner recognized. There are propritary programs for scanners under linux. I haven't used them so don't know much about them.
As far as desktops icons go you may have kooka ( a slightly different scanner frontend on your system. Look in graphics. or do alt-F2 and type kooka or xsane in the box that appears.
It would help to know what desktop you are running-assuming kde though.
desktop icons are created by a right mouse click and selecting Create New>File>Link to Application. Then you would need to browse for the application excecutable.
Similar Threads
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 05:50 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-28-2004, 12:49 AM
-
By OCTOGEN in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:45 PM
-
By Mogiin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 07:05 PM
-
By three eyes open in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore Plus/4 computer for parts or restore
$50.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ
$129.00

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore VIC-20 Dead Test Rom - USA seller
$19.99

Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller
$17.99

Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply
$169.99

Commodore 128D System works great Comes with Keyboard which works great
$800.00

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung
$297.98