Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Using Adobe Photoshop CS 8.0 : Some Basics

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    queens
    Posts
    5

    Using Adobe Photoshop CS 8.0 : Some Basics

    [deleted] by mod

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276
    Dear David, this is a very nice bit on photoshop. Having earned a living in graphics for awhile I can tell you it is qute nicely done. But PS is not a linux app. And wine will not run earlier versions of PS on newer linux kernels. I have tried, rilly I have would be one more nail in windows' coffin if I could get it working.

    So your use of bandwidth here is pretty much spitting in the wind

    Forum mods: while this is the anything goes forum - gosh you know I use it to vent enough even I believe David is a bit off the mark with the number and length of posts. Watcha think?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    agreed. David did not write that stuff, it was taken from elsewhere on the web, and is copyright. So it was deleted.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    right hur
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by nishtya
    And wine will not run earlier versions of PS on newer linux kernels. ?
    Ive seen photoshop 7 running in wine before... and i wouldnt be surprised if someone got 8 working too.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Well, I have PS6 running on Wine 20040716, BH5 and 2.6.7. How old a version of PS did you mean?
    Installation was a breeze: http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=ps6

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276
    Photoshop 4 Hey, it's mine and I am not going to sink any more money into Windows apps now since I am into Linux. I did have PS4 going a little (couldn't save without a crash) under wine back on knoppix ages ago.

    Was even looking into Crossover Office, would be willing to pay to open up some of my expensive windows apps in Linux but reports are PS that old is pretty hopeless.

    I keep plugging away at The Gimp but right now I don't have a substitute for Illustrator. Sodipodi, Karbon14 but neither do eps natively. Karbon14 probably isn't going much further for a long time. Crossing fingers on Sodipodi.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Oh well, PS4 is a bit old. Mind you, I have a similar situation with PS6. Everybody tells me to get a newer one due to the "great" stiching tool. But I have so little use for it nowadays.
    You've probably seen this one already but...: http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-l...table.shtml#42

Similar Threads

  1. evince to replace Adobe Reader?
    By Samsara in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 03:31 PM
  2. Photoshop and Studio MX on Linux
    By emmbec in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2005, 07:27 PM
  3. Basics
    By notme in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 07:21 AM
  4. Problems running photoshop 7.0 under wine
    By TheTempest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 10:32 PM
  5. Which adobe driver for printer sharing
    By scissors in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2003, 12:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



HP ZBook Firefly 14

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC

$184.99



acer swift air 14 picture

acer swift air 14

$600.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY picture

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY

$39.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



Intel Core i9-11900K 3.50GHz 8 Core 16 Thread LGA 1200 picture

Intel Core i9-11900K 3.50GHz 8 Core 16 Thread LGA 1200

$260.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98



DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND

$199.99