-
Memory problem on reboot
I have a Dell 4550 and normally run Win XP. When I boot to the Knoppix CD I have no problems. However, after shuting down and removing the CD, my computer won't boot. The problem is that during the reboot/self-diagnostic phase, the computer hangs when checking the memory (a single 512 Mb DIMM). To fix the problem I remove and reinsert. Voila. This has happened both times I booted to the Knoppix CD.
Am I doing something wrong? How can I keep this from happening?
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By benedict1000 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 11:47 AM
-
By pmaccabe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 12:42 AM
-
By hgpuke in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 10:42 PM
-
By bartavelle in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 05:10 PM
-
By rrolsbe in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

JUNIPER MPC10E-15C-MRATE MPC10E-15C-X MX MODULAR 15-PORT CONCENTRATOR 400G
$39999.99

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.55

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99