Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Remastering 3.6, failed :(

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1

    Remastering 3.6, failed :(

    Hey up guys,

    I've created my custom KNOPPIX which I can't wait to try out, its just a simple change but enough to say 'yup, I did that' then afterwards I'm gonna try different changes, make it look sexy of course.. But, i'm having problems creating the ISO!!

    I've created the large KNOPPIX file in /mnt/hda3/knx/master/KNOPPIX/ and when i try to create the ISO using the following:

    mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "My Knoppix CD" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda3/knx/myknoppix.iso /mnt/hda3/knx/master
    I get a failure, the error is:
    mkisofs 2.01a34-unoffical-iconv (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
    Scanning /mnt/hda3/knx/master
    Scanning /mnt/hda3/knx/master/KNOPPIX
    Scanning /mnt/hda3/knx/master/KNOPPIX/images
    mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux'!
    Anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this? Please

    Thanks,

    triG

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    You need to have all the files from the isolinux folder on the knoppix-cd (isolinux.bin) as well as the modified knoppix filesystem image.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1

    Remastering a 3.6 Disk with ISOLINUX issues

    Greetings.

    I too have remastered the large KNOPPIX ISO, and am now somewhat lost, probably with syntax, and probably because I'm being dim, about how to make the disc bootable.

    I'm not new to Linux, but am still very much a beginner.

    I am using /hda2/cdrom/ as the directory with all of the future CD contents on, but am finding a problem getting it to recognise the isolinux.bin or boot.cat files required to make the CD usable.

    My command line reads...

    mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-move -o /mnt/hda2/remaster/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda2/cdrom/

    It simply fails with the same message as Trig without any obvious explanation.

    mkisofs 2.01a34-unoffical-iconv (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
    Scanning /mnt/hda3/knx/master
    Scanning /mnt/hda3/knx/master/KNOPPIX
    Scanning /mnt/hda3/knx/master/KNOPPIX/images
    mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux'!


    The hda2/cdrom/boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin and hda2/cdrom/boot/isolinux/boot.cat are both there, and are also there on the CDROM (KN3.6) from which I booted.

    I don't quite understand the reply from kelmo, as the files are always on the CD if you boot from it, and they are also in the /hda2/cdrom/boot/isolinux directory.
    Have tried a few changes to point it to the boot.cat on my hda2/cdrom image and this doesn't want to know either.

    Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong, and what command I should use? I know this one is easy, but as they say, its only easy once you know how!

    Many thanks

    Lost-At-Sea!

Similar Threads

  1. Webmin 1.15 >> 1.16 failed
    By MrT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 07:59 AM
  2. Remastering Suite V1.01 released! Easy Knoppix-Remastering
    By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
  3. failed boot
    By ibm...imsorry in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 03:12 AM
  4. Failed download 3.3
    By themeddler in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2003, 10:59 PM
  5. Remastering Scripts : easy remastering
    By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



 Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128  picture

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128

$79.99



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs picture

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs

$950.00



Commodore Amiga 500 Motherboard Rev 5, A500 #548 (As-Is) picture

Commodore Amiga 500 Motherboard Rev 5, A500 #548 (As-Is)

$64.75



Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz picture

Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz

$300.00



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter picture

68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter

$25.00



OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT picture

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT

$329.95