Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Display problems

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10

    Display problems

    Hello, I have the following problem with my video card:
    NIVIDA Geforce4 420 Go Sony on a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT100

    I can boot knoppix from CD fine and also with a HD install. The problem I'm still having is when I press CTL-ALT-F1, I get a garbled screen. I then can press CTL-ALT-F5 to get back to KDE, but the screen is still garbled.

    I want to install the NIVIDA drivers to see if that with help, but on boot Lilo takes me staight to the KDE desktop.

    My screen resolution is 1024x768. Any other settings causes the screen to garble. I have tried using several cheatcodes, but can't seem to get the right combination...

    Thanks in advance !

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10
    Never mind got it working...

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by talon0769
    Never mind got it working...
    How did you fix it?

Similar Threads

  1. PLEASE HELP! DISPLAY PROBLEMS!
    By darshdeep in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 07:04 PM
  2. Old Notebook Display Problems
    By merlin232 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 04:51 PM
  3. KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-07-26 - display problems
    By Sucker in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 03:12 AM
  4. Display problems when booting
    By andrewdodd13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 06:19 PM
  5. Generic Display Problems...
    By Satyag in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 05:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$349.95